- These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules and apply to any Competitions, Prize Draws and Surveys that may take place across any Deal Locators Website (unless otherwise expressly stated). By entering any Competition, Prize Draw or Survey, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. In addition, all entrants are required to comply with Deal Locator’s User Agreement.
- The promoter of the Competition, Draws and Surveys is Deal Locators, an online business based in Monmouth, South Wales.
- Rules specific to any individual Competition, Draw or Survey are displayed in a notice (“Competition Notice”) on the page of the relevant Competition, Draw or Survey and are additional to the terms and conditions herein. In the event of conflict between the Competition Notice and these terms and conditions, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- Deal Locators reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice (a) in the event of any incident that happens outside of Deal Locator’s control (b) to ensure the competition(s) are run fairly and honourably, and (c) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance. Any cancellation or changes will be then be notified on the relevant Competition Notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct, the result(s) and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of Deal Locators shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Deal Locators, are not eligible to enter Competitions or Prize Draws. Deal Locators reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Deal Locators becomes aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to some Competitions, Draws and Surveys, e.g.. a valid passport (or the ability to obtain the same within a certain time) because the prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom. These will be set out in the Competition Notice.
- By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Deal Locators reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify an entrant for submitting false information.
- The email address you provide with your Competition entry will be used to contact you so please make sure this is correct.
- In some cases Competitions, Draws and Surveys may only be open to over 18’s only. In such cases this will be notified in the Competition Notice.
- Deal Locators reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any Competition winner is subsequently disqualified from a Competition for any reason, Deal Locators, in its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement winner should be selected in accordance with the Competition criteria.
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, and subject to the remainder of this clause, you may only enter a Competition or Prize Draw once. Where Deal Locators discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any entrant has used any software or automated process either to answer questions, to enter the Competition or to make bulk entries, Deal Locators may exclude such entries and disqualify the entrant from the Competition.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner stated and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entrant.
- There is no charge to enter Competitions, Prize Draws or Surveys.
- Deal Locators cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Deal Locator’s control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Deal Locators does not accept responsibility for the safekeeping or return of any entries. You should, therefore, ensure you retain a copy of your entry for your own records.
- Winners of Prizes are selected at random. This may be done either by a computer process that produces random results or by an independent person, or under the supervision of an independent person. If the selection of a winning entry is open to subjective interpretation, an independent judge, or a panel that includes one independent member will be appointed.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner. The prize-winner’s name may be published on Deal Locator’s website www.deallocators.co.uk & rewards.deallocators.co.uk and on Deal Locator’s social media pages (including Facebook and Twitter).
- Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Deal Locators reserves the right to substitute prizes (or elements of prizes) of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion.
- Prizes are awarded at Deal Locator’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Where there is a minimum age requirement for entry, this will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Deal Locators reserves the right to request written proof of age and/or identity of any entrant including the winner. Where no such written proof is supplied, or the entrant is not the requisite age, Deal Locators may disqualify the entrant.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated in the Competition Notice, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- Deal Locators does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership of your entry and, although Deal Locators will be able to use entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your entry in any way you choose. Where any entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. In addition, you warrant that you have permission to use or feature any people, content or other material contained within your entry. Deal Locators reserves the right to monitor entries for this purpose.
- Deal Locators cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering this Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Deal Locators is not responsible for any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network. Access to Deal Locators Websites is subject to Deal Locator’s User Agreement.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in post event promotional activity and Deal Locators reserves the right to use the names and contact details of the winners in any publicity.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and best practice. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Deal Locators for a rational period after the Competition closes to assist Deal Locators to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries.
31. Competitions and the Rules are and will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The Competitions, Prize Draws and Surveys are only intended to be accessed by residents of the United Kingdom. Deal Locators makes no representation that their online material available complies with local laws in other jurisdictions.
How to contact us
32. You can contact us in relation to any Competition, Prize Draw or Survey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to Deal Locators, Coach House, Hadnock Road, Monmouth, NP25 3NQ.